The Castle of Good Hope is a bastion fort built in the 17th century in Cape Town, South Africa. Originally located on the coastline of Table Bay, following land reclamation the fort is now located inland.
In 1936 the Castle was declared a historical monument (now a provincial heritage site) and following restorations in the 1980s it is considered the best preserved example of a Dutch East India Company fort.
The Zamani Project spatially documented the Castle of Good Hope in 2011.
Elmina Castle (Elmina, Ghana), Fort Saint Jago (Elmina, Ghana), Fort Saint Sebastian (Shama, Ghana), Cape Coast Castle (Cape Coast, Ghana), Fort Saint Anthony (Axim, Ghana), Fort of São Sebastião (Mozambique Island, Mozambique), Fort d'Estress (Ile de Gorée)
Castle of Good Hope
Some of those spatial data are displayed below.